Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Will Sleep In Peace...

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou O Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8




A couple nights ago I lay awake in a dark hotel room, staring at a ceiling I could not see.
My eyes were wide open none-the-less, and not lacking in visions.

The first things that I saw, were of a nature that caused a lone tear to escape the corner of my eye. They were not prophetic (or so I hope), but were the stuffs my fears are made of.
I cringe to recall, and am ashamed that I allowed my mind to run away with thoughts and imaginations that cast such a dark shadow over my soul.
Yet I entertained them.
Unwisely.

Release! Release from this bondage that is not of God!
I placed my fears before the Lord in prayer, and He spoke to me in an inaudible voice
"Analene - Keep your eyes on Me."

Oh the peace that enveloped me and the thanksgiving that welled up within!
The next picture that I saw was dear Peter, walking on the water.
like me, he was fearful. Only he had very real and present elements to feel concern for while his feet walked over the liquid deep. My fears were based on shadows and illusions.
I know we had one thing in common:

We both took our eyes off Jesus' face.

Peter began to sink down into the water.
I began to sink down into pitch black hopelessness.

In an inaudible voice I heard the Lord say to me "Analene... Keep your eyes on Me."

Immediately His peace washed over me, and I felt my feet once again solid under me.
My eyelids closed, but I was through being in the dark. He stretched out His hand and lifted me.

I will exalt Your Name, O Lord! For You are the One whom time and space cannot contain.
There is no thing that takes You by surprise! Tenderly you lead me, and faithfully you call my name. Keep my eyes fastened to Your face! I will trust only in You.

And I slept.


Here is Peter's story...

Mat 14:28 "And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him and said unto him O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God."


In HIS Hand
~Analene~